No Announcements at the Moment
Log inWould you like to Rotary ?
At our kick-off meeting for 2016, Club President Rob Rennie took a few minutes to outline some of our key accomplishments for 2015. We are not the largest Rotary Club in our District 5170, but our results continue to stand out. Here are just a few:
- We deployed LFL systems across 20 international sites, including several with the Navajo Nation Reservation.
- LFL STEM workshops expanded across the United States, successfully launching new youth programs beyond our local community
- LFL’s efforts were again recognized by the White House administration in July via US2020 STEM and the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP)
- Our commitment to Youth was proven again with our sponsored Westmont and Leigh Interact Clubs growing to 70 members each
- Our club raised $3,300 to sponsor Students to attend Rotary Youth Leadership Academy
- We increased our efforts to support local Community projects such as support for the St Luke’s Pantry, Contributions to the Warm Coat Drive, Support of CERT in Los Gatos, Support for Job Applicants at Downtown Streets in San Jose, the annual Senior Dinner at Villa Vasona and Caroling at local Senior Care facilities. Much of our effort includes ‘feet on the ground’ volunteerism as well as fund raising.
- We raised significant contributions through our major fund raiser activities, Plein Air and Claws for a Cause which provide fun and enlightenment to our Community as well as the personal reward of Service for our members. Recipients include:High School Art Competition at Museum, Art Docents, Villa Montavlo, Music and Arts, Boy Scouts, Sea Scouts and Music Boosters.
- Last but not least, in the time honored tradition of Rotary, we enjoyed our own company and fellowship through Club activities such as: Holiday Party, Children’s Holiday Parade, Ski Race (no race this year but fellowship), Debunking, Happy Hours, Weekly Meetings and numerous Committee Meetings.
No updates at the moment, Log in!